Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's here!

I got my car today! This is happy news. I haven't had a car since 2003 and I am finding the whole thing a little surreal. I feel like a teenager who just got her very first car. I washed it, got new windshield wipers (which I can't put on) , new mats and even one of those air fresheners that smells like vanilla. More than the car itself, the items in the car make me super happy. My grandmother had a vanity (place to put on make-up...for those of you who don't know what a vanity is) and I used to sit there for hours when I was a kid. I would put on her make-up, her perfume and all her jewelry. It made me feel like I was famous. It's mine now and although it needs some work, I am so excited. Also, as a surprise, my Dad put my grandfather's Shakespeare collection in the back seat. I have been admiring them for years and Pappy always said I could have them because I would be the only one who would truly appreciate them. They aren't worth anything but sentimentally they are priceless. Today was a good day for gifts. Thanks DAD!

1 comment:

Grrpa said...

You are most welcome. Drive safely.
Love you.