Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ahhhhhh.......blogging

This is the official first blog of the new apartment. There have been so many moments that I wish I could have documented, but just didn't have the time. Living alone has taken a bit of getting used to. It does, however, give me an AWFUL lot of time with my thoughts. If you know me, you know that this can be either very productive or very.......crazy. I had a friend once who spent three months in a cabin, in the woods, in upstate New York, alone and he almost lost his mind. I think about him sometimes when I realize that it's 5pm on my day off and I haven't seen or spoken to anyone else.

I'm pretty lucky that I'm around people most of the time (most of them little people but people none the less) and almost all of them are happy. My family was blessed with a new little man a few months ago and I can't wait to meet him. My other sister's girls are the joy in my everyday....regardless of whether they are screaming at pitches I have only heard in horror movies or laughing for absolutely no known reason. My brother just got a house, with a yard and he's happy. I have great friends. Financially, I'm doing great. I just got a promotion and I'm debt free. I'm healthy, strong and my body's never looked this good. All things that used to plague my mind.....finances, family, friends, health.....now are where I need them to be. Essentially, I have nothing to worry about.

I will understand if some of you want to punch me in the face.

Up until about 5 months ago I didn't think any of that would happen to me. I am truly blessed and gifted to be living in my life right now. This was probably the best decision I have ever made. I couldn't have done it without the support of my family. My whole life has been spent trying to be a part of something bigger than myself, but it was here all along. Not necessarily "here", in L.A., but "here" in my family. My cup runneth over!

Sure, I have some things that I still need work on and I go a little kooky sometimes, but all in all.. I'm a joyful girl.

So....thanks.

3 comments:

Grrpa said...

You go girl! Reminds me of this:

i do it for the joy it brings
because i'm a joyful girl
because the world owes me nothing
and we owe each other the world
i do it because it's the least i can do
i do it because i learned it from you
and i do it just because i want to
because i want to

everything i do is judged
and they mostly get it wrong
but oh well
'cuz the bathroom mirror has not budged
and the woman who lives there can tell
the truth from the stuff that they say
and she looks me in the eye
and says would you prefer the easy way
no, well o.k. then don't cry

Sheila said...

Darling girl,
Of course you get lonely living alone! Lighten up on your worries and you'll find you're your own best company!
So proud of you for appreciating all the good things in your life -- attitude is everything. Keep on being our joyful girl.

Unknown said...

Nice post Laura. No one wants to punch you in the face! Happy people attract happy people.