Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

Finally, 2009 has arrived. With it, hope for the future. Usually people make resolutions for the new year but I have found that those don't work out so well for me. Everytime I would resolve to do something the pressure of keeping it would inevitably lead me to break it rather quickly, i.e. stop smoking, eat better, stop swearing, etc. Last year I made a "decision" rather than a resolution and gave myself a 90 day time frame. I ended up sticking with that decision for many months after my 90 days were up. So this year I am deciding, not resoluting. (I don't know if that is a word but you get my point.) I have decided to be more decisive. He-he-he.
Truthfully, I have a tough time making decisions. Jason will ask where I want to eat and it is my gut reaction to say, "I don't care," or "Whatever you want." I am going to be more decisive. I am going to really think about what I want before answering questions and if I truly don't have a preference that I will just pick something. I am hoping this will lead me to a more conifident decision making lifestyle. Also, I hope my decision making will rub off on those I live with. The anti-decision making curse is either genetic or a side effect of extreme exhaustion. Deciding to let someone else decide, although it is a decision, is not always effective when the household itself is shifting the decision responsibility.
I have written the word decision so many times that it's starting to look funny.
So I'm off to make great decis....I mean...plans.

3 comments:

LAss said...

What are you trying to imply??? That we can't make a decision? Or that we are too tired? Or that we pass the buck on decision making responsibility? I can't decide what to think of your post...

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!

salt on a pickle....yum!

Unknown said...

I think it's hereditary...I've been working on it ever since Pete was kind enough to point it out to me...18 years ago!!!
t